Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Winter Vibes 2015 | Project Life | Color Cast Designs

Hi there everyone !

I am going to be sharing a fun Winter themed page with you all today. These photos are from a year and and a half ago when we went and visited my parents. They have snow during the winter and we do not here in California. So getting to go sledding is a big deal to my kids.

Let's get started shall we. Here is a look at the whole spread.


Let's begin with my title card here. I went with a blue, pink, and grey color scheme to match my photos. This 4x6 card with the pink strip on it was perfect for using it as my title card. I needed something that had a lot of white space to go along with my blue Star clear pieces. They are from a package I got a few years ago from Heidi Swapp. I also needed something simple so that my Winter Vibes piece would stand out. The white acrylic piece is from Color Cast Designs and can be found in her shop. Isn't it awesome ?!!!!!


Last Fall at the Scrapbook Expo I had picked up this Becky Higgins Value Kit that was the perfect colors for these photos. It was also winter themed. I picked out this pale blue snowflake card as a starting point for this journaling card. I added some of the fun stickers from my recent Studio Calico Kit as well as some other embellishments. 


This card is also from the Value Kit. It is called Winter and it was designed by one of my favorites, Heidi Swapp.

I added that cold word sticker as well as a few other embellishments to make a cluster on the bottom of the journaling card. It holds some facts about the kids's snow day and I also added in a fun quote from one of the kids. They asked how cold it was and one of them answered " It is 15 degrees below COLD".


Here is a closer look at a photo of Katelyn making and throwing snow balls and a journaling/filler card with Maddie and Noah in the photo. I added one of those gorgeous pink wood stars from the Studio Calico kit. I love those things.


That bottom left photo is of my dad and Noah going up and around the big rock in their backyard. When they built their house there was a huge granite rock in the backyard. They left it there and in the winter time it is a great kids sledding hill. I added a digital stamp from Kellie Stamps and also some wood phrase stickers and another pink wood star. 


Let's move on to the right side. But first I want to point out this left top photo. It is soooo hard to see in the photo of the photo but when they were outside playing in the snow it was snowing. It was so gorgeous that I sat and played with my camera for a good 15 or so minutes trying to get a photo of the snow. 

The bottom right photo is a good shot of the big rock. It is to the left of the people and it covered on the top with snow. So many fun memories on that rock. 


This card came together as an idea. I had that wood veneer piece from Color Cast Designs ( still available in her shop) that I knew I had to use to say something about the snow. I had that black flakes sticker that actually said snow flakes in the cursive writing. I cut off the snow and used some black letters to spell out snow. Underneath the O I added a pink vellum snowflake. The blue card is from a Studio Calico kit. 


Here is a look at some of the right side of my spread.


This pink journaling card is from the Value Kit as well. I needed to pull in some pinks over on this side and so this was perfect.


Katelyn was trying to attempt to make a snow man but it was super cold that day and the snow would not stick together. I added some journaling onto my photo and also the word winter from an Ali Edwards Digital set.


More sledding photos of the kids. They had so much fun that day. My parents live on a hilled street and have a big rock wall on one side of their yard. The kids decided to use it as a sledding hill.


One last look. The bottom right photo of Maddie was so funny to watch. She had gotten down the hill before her sled did and boy did we have a laugh about it.


I am sure glad that I got to document our fun snow day and get those stories told. I thank you for coming to the blog today. I hope that you have found some inspiration and will get those snow photos scrapped.

Until next time.

*** I did film a process video for this one and will get it up in the next week to my Youtube channel. I am currently not feeling so great and will be resting up to hopefully get some more photos scrapped. ****

2 comments:

Marit Staaf said...

What a lovely page!!! I adore it. Do you have Instagram as well and share your pages there? Best regards Marit

Mindi said...

Thank you so much Marit ! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes I do have an instagram account. Here is the link for you. I definitely share more on my IG account. I am planning on starting a new blog this year so feel free to follow my IG account. Thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/mindiniebuhr/