Sunday, February 19, 2017

Project Life Week 5

Hello everyone !

Welcome to another Project Life blog post.

Today I am going to be sharing Week 5.

Here is a look at the whole spread. A good majority of my photos are from an adventure we had on
Wednesday. It's not something I typically do but I had lots from that day and not a lot of other everyday photos.


My title card is pretty simple this week. I am striving to use some of my older supplies up and so I have put them together in a drawer. Each week that goes by I will look through that drawer and find something that I want to use. This time it was the wood No. piece. I've paired it with the red number 5 and a puffy sticker on the top.



The color scheme for this week came from my photos. Some green, blue, and a little red here and there.

This first journaling card talks a little bit about what was happening that week and also holds the dates for the week as well.

On the top of the card I went with a chipboard frame Simple Stories. Inside the frame I stamped the word currently several times and then added that blue puffy piece.



We have been watching the Lord of the Rings movies together as a family recently. The girls decided to be Elves for the afternoon. They wore they bows over their shoulders, they put their hair up, and then they went out Orc hunting. I took a photo of them scouting things out in the front bushes. On the photo I added a digital brush and a few embellishments.



I had the idea of spelling out elvish on this card here. I used some blue letter stickers from my Studio Calico kit and then added a few things above the word 

There is a photo on the top row that is of our arms. We all wrote our names in elvish and took a photo. My journaling tells the story about our Elvish afternoon.

The next photo is one that I took of Noah while we were on our Wednesday hike. He comes around the corner with this big rock and askes to take it home. Ummmm, no.



Here is a close up of the Elvish journaling card.



You can see the photo of our arms good in this photo.



Let's move on to the right side of the spread. This first photo is from our hike. I went ahead and added a few Digital brushes to the photo. 



This card was super fun to make. It was a little conversation that Katelyn and I had. I had this acrylic piece that said sparkle from Color Cast Designs. I incorporated in the journaling.

 

Another look at the right side. 



This photo of us on our hike was well worth the ice cream bribe !! I told the kids to start walking when I said go. I set the self timer on my camera and set it on the trail. I'm in love with the result. 

I added that half circle shaped piece to the bottom of the photo and added the chipboard adventure piece as well. It was perfect because we had our first Wednesday adventures. 


Here is a look at the right side. Lots of green photos and blue accents.



  This photo on the left is of the kids climbing the tree. When I was putting this week together I made sure to spread the darker photos around my spread for some balance.


While I was setting up our group selfie I snapped a few photos of the kids. 


That is it for week 5. I am so happy with how it turned out. Even though I only had a few everyday photos I'm so happy to have them in my album. Lots of fun stuff from week 5. 

Until next time everyone. 

No comments: